Hunter Valley Uncorked Balmoral
Hunter Valley Uncorked at Balmoral Beach
|When||Sunday 03 Nov 2013|
|Time||11am - 5pm|
|Where||Balmoral Beach Esplanade, Mosman|
|Booking||Not required. Purchase your wine tasting & meals on the day|
When: Sunday 4 November, 2012 - 11am til 5pm
Where: Balmoral Esplanade, Mosman, Sydney
With guest appearance by Andy Allen - Winner MasterChef 2012
In its seventh year, Hunter Valley Uncorked Balmoral is your opportunity to share a premium Hunter Valley wine and food experience with more than 20 of our great wineries, restaurants and producers.Hunter Valley local Andy Allen - Winner of MasterChef 2012 - is our special guest. At 1pm he will show you how to whip up a sensational seafood feast to pair with a Hunter Valley Semillon, and at 3pm he'll prepare a delicious beef dish to complement a Hunter Valley Shiraz.
With entertainment and free entry for all the family, our beachside Balmoral event gives you the chance to taste some of our finest wines, while pairing the region’s fresh produce to match their unique characteristics. It’s the perfect way to enjoy the Hunter Valley at one of Sydney’s great icons.
Meet the winemakers and their teams, learn more about their wines, plan your next trip to the Hunter Valley or bring your picnic rug, sunscreen, hat, family & friends for a relaxing day by the harbour where you can feast on the Hunter Valley’s finest wine & food.
Wines to be enjoyed on the day:
- New release whites
- Chilled rosé and sparkling wines (stock up for the warm summer ahead)
- Our iconic Semillons
- Elegant Hunter Valley shiraz
- Some newly introduced varieties
- A selection from the cellar
- Trophy & gold medal wines
ENTRY IS FREE!
A $7 Souvenir wine glass is your key to enjoying wine at the event. Enjoy picnic lunch plates from $15 per plate and fresh seafood from Port Stephens. Stock the pantry and fridge with local cheeses and olive oils, sip on a cooling fresh lemonade or enjoy a gelato and relax in the beautiful surrounds of Balmoral Beach.
Wine is available to purchase in the event area by the taste (60ml) or the glass (120ml).
To stock the cellar, we have bottles (or dozens!) of wine available to purchase and take home (due to licensing these are not for consumption in event area).
Enjoy wine from 21 Hunter Valley wineries & food from several Hunter Valley Restaurants and Producers.
- Adina Vineyard
- Allandale Winery
- Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard
- Brokenwood Wines
- Colvin Wines
- De Iuliis Wines
- First Creek Wines
- Glandore Estate Wines
- Margan Winery
- McGuigan Wines
- McWilliams Mount Pleasant
- Oakvale Wines
- Peterson House
- RidgeView Wines
- Saddler's Creek Wines
- Tempus Two
- Thomas Wines
- Tulloch Wines
- Two Rivers
- Tyrrell's Wines
- Restaurant Cuvee
- RidgeView Restaurant
- The Verandah Restaurant
- Twine Restaurant
Fresh Produce by:
- Pukara Estate - olives, olive products and vinegars
- Hunter Valley Cheese Company - cheese & antipasto platters
- Nelson Bay Seafoods - fresh seafood
- Australian Regional Food Store - gourmet products
- Lushberries - chocolate dipped berries
- Lil' Groovers - fresh lemonade
- Bar Coco - Coffee, drinks and gelato
- Hunter Valley Wine Country Tourism
MORE ENTERTAINMENT BY MIMESIS
Enjoy the funky tunes of three piece Mimesis as they put their unique & groovey feel and arrangements to all of the favourites.
Fancy a Hunter Valley Mid-Week Escape for up to 8 people?
Complete an entry form at Hunter Valley Uncorked Balmoral and you go into the running to win a fantastic Hunter Valley Mid-Week Escape courtesy of Stays In The Vines.
The winner will receive three (3) nights midweek accommdation for up to eight (8) guests at one of a selection of nominated Stays In the Vines properties. It also includes full linen and cleaning services and a welcome gift. www.staysinthevines.com.au
Food lovers will be excited with the second prize too.... a collection of gourmet hampers from Pukara Estate, Nelson Bay Seafood and Lush Berries. You must be at the event to claim & collect this scrumptuous prize.
This competiton is also supported by Wine Selectors www.wineselectors.com.au
Parking in this area is very limited we recommend the following options for a relaxing stress free day:
- Park at Spit Junction or Mosman and catch the complimentary shuttle buses (this will operate every 15mins)
- Catch public transport and avoid driving altogethe r – visit www.sydneybuses.info/routes or www.131500.com.au
Your guide to a fun and hassle-free afternoon
To ensure your enjoyment at this event we have strict licensing conditions as follows:
- To allow you to enjoy your wine please note that the last glass sales will be at 4.15pm with last drinks served at 4.45pm.
- The license allows consumption of drinks in the designated Hunter Valley Uncorked souvenir glass available for purchase at the ticketing stands.
- Consumption of drinks may only take place in the designated “event area”. This event area boundary will be clearly identified and has the following rules:
- No BYO alcohol is permitted in the event area.
- Wines purchased unopened must not be consumed in the event area.
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO COUNCIL RESTRICTIONS NO PETS ARE ALLOWED INTO THE EVENT AREA.
Thank you to our sponsors.
Stays In The Vines
- Santa Vittoria
Thank you to Mosman Council & Prestige Party Hire